Format USB Flash Drive to NTFS file system
Usually when we try to format USB drive, we always get ony to file systems for the format i) FAT and ii) FAT32. This is default behaviour in windows. But using some tweaks of windows we can format in NTFS.
Now USB drives are coming with large space. But there is a problem with FAT32 that is not supported greater than 4GB single file and NTFS file system have this capability. There are many other advantages of NTFS specially this file format is fast and it has security options.
Now below is mentioned method of how to format USB drive with NTFS file system or how to enable NTFS on your USB Flash Drive.
1. Right click My Computer and select Manage.
2. Open the Device Manager and find your USB drive under the Disk Drives heading.
3. Right click the drive and select Properties.
4. Choose Policies tab and select the “Optimize for performance” option.
5. Click OK.
6. Open My Computer.
7. Select Format on the flash drive.
8. Choose NTFS in the File System dropdown box.
9. Device Formatting is completed.
Important: To remove a device safely without data loss use a “safely remove hardware” procedure or Eject function from Windows Explorer.