The Do-it-Yourself Website Promotion Tricks
You have your own website, now what? In order to succeed online, you will need website promotion so your site would be visible to everyone connected to the Internet. It is a common belief that all websites are searchable by search engines. It’s not as simple as it seems. Website promotion entails a lot of work.
Website promotion suggests that submitting your site to directories first is more important than submitting to search engines. These two are different in such a way that sites submitted to directories are only approved if it has high quality and useful content, whereas search engines just simply accept submissions of sites or pages. In submitting a website to the directory, make sure that you read and follow the directory’s rules and instructions. Keep in mind that the editors will be very discerning of your web content.
Submitting to search engines definitely helps in website promotion but this takes quite a while, usually around 3-6 months. There are things to consider when submitting to search engines, you must prepare your website. Also, you will need to learn SEO or search engine optimization. You may do this by optimizing your website by improving the elements of web design like loading time, browser compatibility, etc. Another is keyword optimization wherein you make use of appropriate keywords; these would greatly help in your website.
Other website promotion techniques are:
• Link popularity – wherein you let people link your site to theirs. In this way, you can generate more new visitors and at the same time improve your ranking in search engines.
• Write articles – that are useful to your website and let other people publish these like in article directories. You may also opt for email newsletters that include a link to your website. In this way, your subscribers are informed and updated on what’s going on in your website promotion.
• Post to a forum or discussion boards. Forums are greatly increasing their popularity and this is a good way to spread the word about your website promotion.
• In line with posting a forum, you may also want to use a signature file, a text that is appended at the end of your every post.
• Improve website promotion through banner ads displayed in other websites related to your content. But be sure that your ad is well-designed.
• Write a press release – this can definitely help in website promotion. You have to write an article about your website and submit it to different publications and you’ll get new visitors in no time at all!
Now you know what to do, know what you have to avoid as well. One of the common mistakes made is relying on free web hosting service. It’s harder for search engines to detect your website if it is hosted on a free host. If you mean serious business and eyeing it as long-term, then paid web hosting is the way to go. There are some companies that promise to submit your website to thousands of search engines at a very low price, do not be fooled. Majority of these directories and engines have very minimal traffic. Website promotion can be tricky but with good research, you and your business will succeed before you know it.
Source: Free Articles