Google’s Android operating system has taken the mobile world by storm. In only a little over 3 years, the OS has proven itself as a major player, claiming the dominant share of the mobile marketplace. New models appear daily, but which should you consider for your next purchase? Here are some of Android’s top offerings.
1) HTC One X, model S720E. The One X is definitely the hottest Android phone on the market as of now. Thin, light, and fast would be an easy way to sum it up. The 4.7 inch Super LCD display comes to life through HTC’s custom Sense 4.0 operating system skin, combined with the 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 processor for unmatched speed and quality. Capable of LTE speeds, downloading music and streaming your favorite movies has never been easier.
2) Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model I9250. The Galaxy Nexus was the first Android device to introduce us to Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest iteration of Google’s OS. In addition to ICS, the Nexus sports a massive 4.7 inch Super AMOLED display, perfect for multimedia viewing. 32 GB of built in storage assures you that storage concerns will not be a worry again, allowing hundreds of games, apps, and phone numbers to be saved to your device. The 1.2 GHz processor makes for a no lag experience, as well.
3) Motorola Droid Razr, model XT912. The Razr boasts a smaller display than the two phones listed above, coming in at only 4.3 inches, but the Razr is the thinnest phone on the market today. 16 GB of storage included, 8 megapixel camera with flash, and soon to be updated to its own build of the Ice Cream Sandwich OS, it is definitely no slouch.
4) Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, model SGH-i727. All variations of the Galaxy S II are quite excellent, but the Skyrocket offers the smoothest and most complete experience. Features include a 4.5 inch Super AMOLED display, 8 MP camera capable of recording at 1080P resolutions, and a dual-core 1.5 Ghz processor.
5) HTC One S, model ONESTMB. The little brother of the One X, the One S also includes HTC’s custom Sense 4.0 skin but with a slightly smaller display, measuring in at 4.3 inches. It is incredibly thin, includes 16 GB of onboard storage, and houses a 1.6 GHz Snapdragon S4 processor.
No matter which device is the recipient of your phone numbers, you can’t go wrong with the ones listed above.
Eddie Adams a Content writer and his interests are Technology, Phones, and Eco living, insurance, and Travel. Catch him @thetechlegendon Twitter