World’s 1st 256 GB Flash Drive
Kingston Technology, the world leader of storage memory has announced launch an enormous product that is world’s first 256 GB USB flash drive, the Kingston Technology DataTraveler 300. You can now store thousands of images (and maybe tens of thousands of documents?) easily in a tiny device attached to your house keys or inside your pocket. So now what do you think that having a 8 GB small drive inside your pocket is more than enough? How about a 256 GB?
The Kingston DataTraveler 300 is ideal for netbook users who want to extend the limited capacity of their machines. It can also be used by business consumers who work with large databases, or even designers who need to transfer large graphic files from one place to another.
“The DataTraveler 300 will enable users to carry huge volumes of data with them everywhere they go – up to 365 CDs for example. That’s one album for every day of the year, and it demonstrates how far flash technology has developed,” said Kirsty Miller, Product Marketing Manager – Consumer, Kingston Technology Europe. “Business users and consumers can also safeguard their data by initializing the Password Traveler software which will allow them to password protect their data in a privacy zone without the need of administrator rights.”
The Kingston DataTraveler 300 features a sleek cap-less design that will protect the USB connector when it is not in use and is enhanced for Windows Readyboost™. The Kingston DataTraveler 300 is available only in 256GB and is backed by a five-year warranty and 24/7 Tech Support. The Kingston DataTraveler is built to order only; customers who wish to purchase the drive can place an order with many reseller and e-tailers.
DataTraveler 300 Product Features and Specifications:
- Capacity*** — 256 GB
- Speed**** — Data transfer rates of up to 20 MB/sec. read and 10 MB/sec. write
- Safeguarded — includes Password Traveler security software for Windows
- Convenient — does not require Administrator rights to access the Privacy Zone
- Dimensions — 2.78” x 0.67” x 0.87” (70.68 mm x 16.90 mm x 21.99 mm)
- Operating Temperature — 32° to 140° F (0° to 60° C)
- Storage Temperature — -4° to 185° F (-20° to 85° C)
- Simple — just plug into a USB port
- Practical — durable, capless design
- Guaranteed — five-year warranty
- Enhanced — for Windows ReadyBoost™ on Vista-based systems******
Source: Kingston press release